June 11, 2012

Music These Days

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?" utters a certain pop icon. 
"I whip my hair back and forth" says a young, exuberant singer.
"You a stupid h**" repeated on and on by a seemingly disturbed individual.

This is what music has evolved into, but personally, I wouldn't call it 'evolve'. It's more like what music has deteriorated into. Yes, it's clear and simple, but does it even have a deeper meaning? Is it just a display of emotions? Or is it just like posting a status on Facebook where it's about how you feel and what you feel like doing at that time? Frankly, I think that it's shameless and utterly meaningless. Don't you miss the days of good music like 'Big Yellow Taxi', 'Sweet Disposition' and 'Unwell', where their message is relayed clearly and it's relaxing? That's why I resort to a more let-your-imagination-run-wild genre of music, a.k.a. instrumental or orchestral type of songs, like these:




P.S. I'm sorry for bashing these modern 'icons', but it's how I personally feel and I'm sorry again if I have offended anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment